Great ride to Deals Gap and Wheels Through Time

Thread: Great ride to Deals Gap and Wheels Through Time

F6Baggers Founder Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great ride to Deals Gap and Wheels Through Time

Living where I do in East TN I'm just miles away from some really great riding. One of my favorite rides is leaving Greeneville TN and heading toward Hot Springs NC and then riding "The Rattler" hwy 209. This road has it all and the great thing about it is there is hardly ever anyone on it.

From there I went and saw Dale and Matt at Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley and the first thing Dale said was "can I ride it?". When he got back he couldn't believe how great it handled, said it handled like a 500cc bike. A little while later his son Matt showed up and Dale said "you got to ride this bike". Matt was pretty blown away too. This was the first time either of them had seen one in person but they did read an article about a shoot out between the F6B and the Screaming Eagle and I guess they went head to head on everything but price. The SE was about 12K more than the F6B. Anyway they loved it just as much as I do and it's kind of nice when hardcore bike guys and really Harley guys give the Honda a thumbs up like that.

From there I rode to Deals Gap and really started to find my grove with the F6. I've owned a ton of big cruisers and this handles better than any of them. I would explain it as "point and shoot", you just point it where you want to go and shoot the turns as hard as you like and it will flow through them like water. The feel of this bike is very fluid.

I parked at the store and talked with a lot of folks about the F6 and they all really liked it. It's going to be a big hit I think and even if it wasn't it's a big hit with me.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

2. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    You had just about the most perfect motorcycle day one could ever have. Thanks for sharing.

I agree 100% about the handling. This thing continues to amaze me everytime I go into a hard corner. In my 50 years of riding, I have never had the confidence I have when aggressively riding the F6B. Thankyou, Honda, for this concept.

TXTC 2013 F6B Vin#0539

4. LikesAdministrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are having way too much fun. It does look like you had the perfect motorcycle day. We are being warned of 4-6 inches of snow tonignt Still waiting for it to warm up in AK.

6. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Man i love that area! i have been to the deals gap and surrounding area 40 times , i cant get enough
    awesome pics, i bought 3 harleys from dale when he had his hd store in mt vernon ill

he is an interesting character
    2013 goldwing F6B
    2013 yamaha super tenere
    2013 honda cb500x
    2014 honda grom

8. LikesAdministrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking to Matt at Wheels Through Time this past weekend and he started telling me about this new Honda he rode and how much he liked it. I knew exactly whos he was talking about because I saw your pics on facebook. We had a great chat about the F6B. Then I went over to Cashiers and stopped for gas and met some folks. One had an interesting adjustable windshield on his yellow wing. Yep it was Yellow Wolf. Good weekend in the smokies

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 64deville View Post
    I was talking to Matt at Wheels Through Time this past weekend and he started telling me about this new Honda he rode and how much he liked it. I knew exactly whos he was talking about because I saw your pics on facebook. We had a great chat about the F6B. Then I went over to Cashiers and stopped for gas and met some folks. One had an interesting adjustable windshield on his yellow wing. Yep it was Yellow Wolf. Good weekend in the smokies
    It's a small MC world isn't it.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Post Thanks / Like
    When you visited the museum did you see the 1984 Harley Davidson FLHTC in black, that bike used to belong to me at one time I had collected some nice bikes but where I lived was starting to become bad and houses were being broken into and so that bike along with a custom 1988 EG Classic were donated to the museum.
    Life is too short, eat dessert first.
    Member#18

12. LikesAdministrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lamont, one thing I'm interested in is how the F6B ride compares to the GL1800. I know the seat is further back. I didn't like the GL in that the seat was close to the tank, I had to put floor boards on so I could my feet further back.

I know you've never owned a wing but don't know if you've ridden one long enough to compare.

harry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrypottar View Post
    Lamont, one thing I'm interested in is how the F6B ride compares to the GL1800. I know the seat is further back. I didn't like the GL in that the seat was close to the tank, I had to put floor boards on so I could my feet further back.

I know you've never owned a wing but don't know if you've ridden one long enough to compare.

harry
    I don't have enough miles on a Wing to say. I do know it feels a lot lighter than a Wing and for me the seating is more relaxed.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

15. ThanksHarrypottar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrypottar View Post

harry
    I had two GL1800's, 2008 and 2012, prior to the F6B. On the F6B:

Seating is farther back and much more comfortable.
    The lack of air suspension is actually an asset in my opinion giving a better feel of the road.
    Reduced weight and lower center of gravity makes it more nimble, quick, and faster.
    Handling in corners is much improved.
    Reversed mirrors allow for better visibility.
    Almost 4000 miles on mine and no hint of front end wobble. That always started at around 2500 miles after changing tires on my previous Goldwings.
    There is less frontend dive.

It is simply a different breed of motorcycle. I have not heard of anyone who rode one that didn't like it. The biggest complaint is the lack of a cruise control option. Most owners have added various brands of throttle controls to remedy this issue.

TXTC 2013 F6B Vin#0539

17. ThanksHarrypottar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    2013 goldwing F6B
    2013 yamaha super tenere
    2013 honda cb500x
    2014 honda grom

Post Thanks / Like

News Flash

Dale will be having his own TV program on the Velocity TV called "What's in the Barn" to air on June 18 at 10:30pm.
    Life is too short, eat dessert first.
    Member#18