Welcome new F6B members- Tell us what you ride - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new F6B members- Tell us what you ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KidAgain View Post
    Z--every time I see pictures of your "facility" I am in awe. That is one serious commitment to motorcycling.
    1+, especially when I see the Tailwind trailer. I'd love to get my hands on one of those.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you put this board together!

Looks like we are almost back to April 2006 when the M109 came out and it didn't have much for it. The F6B is a part GoldWing part new bike so some things will work and others for a Full sized GW won't.

Sold my 2006 M109 this week and got a F6B and I am not looking back.

You did a great job with M109 riders.com and i am looking forward to seeing how this board evolves.

Here is my new ride: http://youtu.be/RVP0-wWICOU

Ride Shiny side up!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

I guess this would be a good thread to tells us what you ride and what drew you to the F6B.

My current rides are a M109R that needs a little love since I got the Spyder. I have well over 100,000 miles on the Spyders I own and ride but I'm looking forward to getting back on two wheels when I feel the need. I plan on doing some long trips on the F6B and of coarse doing a little customizing.

My current rides are
    2006 M109R
    2013 Spyder Rt with trailer
    and a loaner 2013 Spyder ST

I loved the looks of the F6B the first time I saw it and knew I had to have one. The flat six motor is a proven work horse and can take a lot of abuse. I had a blower on my Valkyrie and rode the snot out of it. It had 55K on it when I sold it and 40K of that was with a blower. I think Honda will do very well with this bike for the guys like me that want something they can customize and make their own.

Looking forward to my new Red and Black F6B

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KidAgain View Post
    Z--every time I see pictures of your "facility" I am in awe. That is one serious commitment to motorcycling.
    Well thank you...it has be a tortuous path getting to this point and still a lot of work. I'm as serious about it as I know how to be. I figure if my shop ever gets "pretty", that will be the end of it for me as I like a "working" shop.

I've had some of these bikes for 35+ years (bought used), one bought new off the showroom floor 31 years ago and a bike I built from scratch. Some of the bikes I've restored 3 or 4 times over the years. The restorations don't last forever because I ride them when they are done. Wrenching on bikes is still just as fun to me now as it was when I first started out. I don't fish, play golf, bowl or watch much TV....it has been motorcycles throughout for me. I went through the hotrod muscle car phase for years but it was parallel to bikes. It takes some thought at times to figure out what I need for a project but once I have what I need to work with, it is kind of a pleasant, mindless working of the hands. I hate to work on other's bikes (and will to help them out) but thoroughly enjoy working on my own.

Z

5. LikesKidAgain liked this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankan View Post
    1+, especially when I see the Tailwind trailer. I'd love to get my hands on one of those.
    You just spoke volumes about yourself...and apparently have good taste. There are not that many Tailwinds out there and I wanted to make sure I was never without one again. They are expensive initially but the maintenance intervals are 150K miles and being so aerodynamic, they don't punish you at the gas pump.

The fellow to the immediate right is the designer and owner of the Tailwind trailers (Tom Finch) who worked for Boeing and Lear Jets. He holds many patents and a world record for the single-most reduction in aerodynamic drag on an aircraft. The fellow dismounting off the Wing on the left is Tom's ex-brother-in-law (80+ years old) whom Tom has been riding with for over 50 years. The Wing he is getting off of has over 300K miles on it. The three rigs on the end are mine.

Spring Branch, Texas

The red trailer is molded from E-Glass (standard Tailwind construction) and the other two are made of carbon-fiber.
    Lafayette, Louisiana

Besides being crazy about the trailers, I could sell any one of them or all of them at full retail prices in less than a week. They are built to order and many folks don't have the patience to wait on them. They are a long-lead item as the bodies are made by an company that builds aircraft components (cowlings, wheel pants, etc.), therefore, the bodies are molded/cured in an autoclave under vacuum and heat when there is a break in production. You would have to know Tom to understand when I say these trailers are over-engineered. He has tweaked and refined them to the point that there is nothing left for a gearhead like me to improve on.

Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Beartooth Hwy...Montana 11,500 feet elevation

Chief Joseph Hwy, Wyoming

Hog's Back, Scenic Byway 12, Utah

Las Vegas, Nevada

Sturgis, South Dakota

Traxxion Dynamics, Woodstock, GA

Ouray, Colorado

Deal's Gap, North Carolina

Cherola Skyway, Tennessee

Barber's M/C Museum, Birmingham, Alabama

Hobart, Oklahoma

IBA

Florida

Maybe you can come ride with us one day.

Z

8. LikesKidAgain liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Zack for the nice pictures and thanks for the invitation. My plan is that someday within a 5 year period to get "over there" and rent a Wing and go the Route 66, Deal's Gap and many other roads.
    I'll send you an e-mail when I'm on my way

Under the meantime I'll stick around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Done

Pick up my F6 this afternoon. Red deluxe model with a 2-pc Baggershield already installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    What led me to the F6B? The demise of my GL1100 Interstate at the hands of a left turning van!! It was totalled with no suitable touring replacement for a short person; then the F6B came out. Previous 1800s were just too much to handle for someone small like me.

My other bikes I still have are:
    2010 VFR-1200
    2002 KLR-250
    1984 V65 Magna

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    What led me to the F6B?
    Thought I read somewhere that was your husband's bike.... (kevlar vest is on).

Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. Wingboy has his own 2012 trunk-model.. I'll let him ride mine during the week while I'm at work, but on the weekend it's mine.
    Right now, it's still @ Corbin, so it's no one's. I still have my VFR1200 or my V65 Magna to ride while I'm waiting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    Nope. Wingboy has his own 2012 trunk-model.. I'll let him ride mine during the week while I'm at work, but on the weekend it's mine.
    Right now, it's still @ Corbin, so it's no one's. I still have my VFR1200 or my V65 Magna to ride while I'm waiting.

Just trying to keep your blood-pressure up and your heart in rhythm.

Z

Post Thanks / Like
    My job does that just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

New F6B Deluxe

I just got my new F6B Saturday. My wife and I were attending a BBQ in Houston with my VTX1800N when she asked me "what was the name of that bike you wanted". I told her and she looked it up on the internet. She then asked if there was a dealership near by that might have one to look at. I found a shop 13 miles from the hotel. We rode the VTX there and they had a black deluxe on the floor. It had not even been serviced yet. My wife looked at it, then sat on it. The next part is the shocker. She said she liked it..........now wait for it...............and that she would buy it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like that, out of the blue.

I had towed my VTX (which I bought new 2 years ago) in my Wells Cargo trailer to Houston from Dallas. Before the VTX I had a 1999 Valkyrie that I bought new. So now I am loading up my VTX and F6B in my trailer and heading back to Dallas.

I still can't believe my wife bought me a new Black F6B Deluxe. She's a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

1989 PC800

Been waiting a looong time for something similar. All my friends have been pushing me to a Vtwin. Finally a worthy successor to my fave tupperware bike!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Everyone I'm from North Carolina

Hello F6BAGGERS!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks to all for creating such a great F6B Website. I look forward to reading and learning a lot from this forum.

HELP!!!
    I am wanting to make the move to the F6B, however I don't need 2 bikes in my stable...

I have a 2008 HD Fatboy FLSTF that I am wanting to sell. $14,900 or Make Offer. Bike is showroom condition. Please see my ad under the classified section.

Thank you!!
    G

Post Thanks / Like
    Still waiting for a red F6B deluxe. Meanwhile in my garage:

2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2004 Honda RC51
    2005 Honda VTX 1300
    2007 Honda Interceptor
    2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 (winter beater)
    2012 Can-Am Spyder RT

Wife says something has to go---but--which one? which one?? LOL

OR

better yet---why? why? LOL
    Last edited by hottrodd7; 05-13-2013 at 05:38 PM.

20. LikesAdministrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Current bike

I ride a 2006 Honda 1300R VTX. Bought mine because my brother has a 2004 1300C VTX. Figured IF I were to have a problem with it, he could help me. What was I thinking....... It is a HONDA, I'm not going to have problems. I'm trying to learn all I can about the F6B, before I 'pull the trigger'. Thanks for a great Site!!

22. LikesAdministrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to ride the new f6b, I ride 2004 VTX1300c now that is part custom paint and pipes. In burnt orange. Want the new f6b was on a gold wing for first time a few weeks ago and feel in love and f6b is way cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

I guess this would be a good thread to tells us what you ride and what drew you to the F6B.

My current rides are a M109R that needs a little love since I got the Spyder. I have well over 100,000 miles on the Spyders I own and ride but I'm looking forward to getting back on two wheels when I feel the need. I plan on doing some long trips on the F6B and of coarse doing a little customizing.

My current rides are
    2006 M109R
    2013 Spyder Rt with trailer
    and a loaner 2013 Spyder ST

I loved the looks of the F6B the first time I saw it and knew I had to have one. The flat six motor is a proven work horse and can take a lot of abuse. I had a blower on my Valkyrie and rode the snot out of it. It had 55K on it when I sold it and 40K of that was with a blower. I think Honda will do very well with this bike for the guys like me that want something they can customize and make their own.

Looking forward to my new Red and Black F6B

24. LikesAdministrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool My rides

2013 F6B, black of course!
    2009 HD VRSCF Muscle, custom
    2006 Goldwing
    2000 HD Road King Custom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	174   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	155 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	175   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	174 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	176   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	141 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	177  

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the years I was a Goldwing nut.Bought my first one in 1976 a tourqouise GL1000 when all my buddy's were riding honda 750's or Kawi 900's.Took a lot of crap but loved that Wing.After that it went to:

81 1100 Wing
    85 1200 Aspecade
    89 1500 Limited
    95 1500 with Bushtec Trailer

But 6 years ago I jumped ship and bought a 2005 Yamaha Midnite Silverado Roadstar.Nice bike and served me well for many miles.But when Honda made this F6B I just had to get back to my roots and 2 weeks ago I bought this Black F6B.Only mod so far is a 19" Baggershield vented windshield which makes riding so much better for my long torso 6'4" frame.Got a center stand off E bay and will install that and just ordered a Breakaway trottle lock as I really like the one I had on the Roadstar.This bike handles awsome and has the best brakes I have had on any bike so far Just puts a big smile on my face every time I swing my leg over her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB6 001.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	178  

Post Thanks / Like

My rides

Up until (2) days ago I had (2) beautiful bikes I loved, a '07 Roadstar Warrior w/many mods and a '90 Harley Fl w/127 Ultima engine & 6 speed. Saw a F6b, in person, at a bike event a few days ago and decided I needed to get rid of some things to get a thing. Guy called me off of Craigs list and a deal for the Warrior was made, he picked it up on Friday and two hours later I went for a 20 mile ride and had something in the engine go south. One step forward, then one back. Harley goes in the shop next week to see what the problem is, won't be cheap, but its either fix it and possibly make it sale worthy, would really like to keep it, and get a F6b.
    Untill the time comes, realistically, I live in Wi and my season is running out, it will be a spring purchase. I will continue to read the forum and learn about the bike.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0070.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3188.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	232

Post Thanks / Like

My Ride

I have been a glowing fan since 02 I bought a 98 gl1500 and was hooked on the ride then in 07 stepped up a ought a new gl1800 was still very much in love with the ride and comfort
    Then last September in the middle of a 18 day road trip I was in San Francisco when the U joint went out I didn't want to wait 3 days for the part and repair so why not bought a 2012 GL 1800 it is even better than the 07 then in April I saw the F6B for the first time and new I had to have one of those so after arguing with myself for 2 months about why i need 2 new bikes
    I finally won the argument and Purchased the F6B wow what a completely different ride took it to the Ozarks the first week I had it and the ride response and handleing are hard to believe it is simply the most complete bike I have ever ridden

Post Thanks / Like

No reverse gear,no F6B for me. (centerstand+cruise control too)ABS

Hi All,

Lurking on this group for a while.

I sat on the F6 and liked the fit but would not consider a purchase due to lack of

ABS
    electronic cruise control
    center stand
    reverse gear

Don't need all the extra plastic fairing of the big Wing so waiting another year on selling my current ride and getting another
    big cruiser.

Post Thanks / Like

1998 Valkyrie

Currently have a black 1998 Valkyrie. Very happy with but the f6b is awfully attractive. Still have not seen one on the road here in Alabama.
    Last edited by Milltie1; 08-25-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am sold

Well I am sold on this new addition to the Honda Line of great motorcycles.
    I have had several hondas to include an 81 GL 1100 loved that ol bike.
    Now I have 3 bikes and am tryin to figger away to add the F6B (RED) to the collection in the olMan Cave. My rides are as follows
    03 V* 1100 Classic (to be bobbed)
    05 Royal Star Deluxe 1300 ( Ms Faye)
    09 K1200LT BMW ( Great touring bike) My long distance rider)
    My Wife has
    02 V* 1100 Classic (Mr Max)
    02 250 Nijni (her daily rider)

Several of my friends have GW 1800 and love them and as I have work on them and several other customers wings and ridden more than my fair share, I am sure that the F6B will be as great as the full dresser wing.
    I can see a detachable trunk in the near future as well as CC ABS and a few other goodies for this bike. Shoot my 05 RSTD has electronic CC already... Dont know why they didnt make that a standard item on the F6B, but am sure it wil be added at some point.
    Went by Haps in Sarasota yesterday and they had the BLK n RedF's on the floor. almost took the red one out for a spin.....time was short and I really just stopped for oil n parts for te K12 n let my wife HUG on the R1200RT she is in love with....

Post Thanks / Like
    03 V* 1100 Classic (to be bobbed)
    I took pause on this one, then figured it was a Yamaha V-Star 1100. I Hope you get the new F6B and enjoy it!