Saddlebag auxiliary USB

Thread: Saddlebag auxiliary USB

Post Thanks / Like

Saddlebag auxiliary USB

The USB auxiliary plug in in my saddlebag bag recently stopped working and being recognized by the auxiliary switch. I tried a different cable but same result. When I plug in, the phone intermittently flashes and makes the charge tone but doesn't stay in charge mode. Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

2. LikesRS163 liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the auxiliary USB plug will not charge my iPad mini but will charge my iPod. Iíve tried everything even updating my iPad. Sometimes it will charge my iPhone and sometimes it wonít. I just used my iPod with the auxiliary plug and I added a double USB plug to the fairing pocket to keep my iPhone charged. Some people on here have had luck with the plug charging their phones maybe they will reply with the manic answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jjboyz1 View Post
    Yes, the auxiliary USB plug will not charge my iPad mini but will charge my iPod. Iíve tried everything even updating my iPad. Sometimes it will charge my iPhone and sometimes it wonít. I just used my iPod with the auxiliary plug and I added a double USB plug to the fairing pocket to keep my iPhone charged. Some people on here have had luck with the plug charging their phones maybe they will reply with the manic answer.

I spoke to Apple about this. They think the firmware on my bike needs updated. I have no idea how to do this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goldwingfd View Post
    I spoke to Apple about this. They think the firmware on my bike needs updated. I have no idea how to do this.

Neither do I maybe thatís something to ask the Honda Shop

Post Thanks / Like

According to the manual

Quote Originally Posted by jjboyz1 View Post
    Neither do I maybe thatís something to ask the Honda Shop

I just picked up a 2016 F6B, according to the manual. That plug in the rear left bag is just for ipod nano 1-6th gen and ipod touch 1-3 gen. The power coming out of the usb port is not powerful enough to power anything beyond was it noted. I have confirmed this by plugging my phone into it and my phone noted that it is charging really slowly. And when it says that, it generally means its not being charged at all. Also I do not think the firmware on the bike is going to be 100% compatible with anything other than what is stated in the book.

If someone has any other ideas please share.