Trading for a F6B

Thread: Trading for a F6B

Post Thanks / Like

Trading for a F6B

First post, so I hope this is the correct place to write. I have a 2006 Harley FXD35. It’s the 35th Anniversary Dyna Super Glide. It’s an immaculate bike & I’ve enjoyed it. Although, it’s a cruiser and not really a touring bike by any means. Typical HD. Needs extra love (parts,etc). Not smooth on the highway as a typical HD, lots of vibration and I want to go a different route. My wife suddenly is wanting to ride with me and while I have a 2 up seat, after 50 miles or so, she’s ready to rest. So..I ran across a 2013 F6B Deluxe in a dealership near me. Decent price for a great looking bike. I’ve read and watched about all the road test reviews and 99.9% of them are stellar! In addition, from what I see, these GW are really reliable which is something I’m not used to. I’ve always went above and beyond to preform preventative maintenance and take care of my bikes, but still have a “fail” rate I am getting tired of. I’m looking for any guidance, input (twist my arm) etc...to sell me on the trade. (not that my arm needs twisting, ha!). I’d appreciate any and all who would like to help out. Thanks for the add!

2. Thankstrike lady thanked for this post
    Likesgoldwingfd liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    The Goldwing/F6B when taken care of will run for 100,000 miles and beyond. I believe if you take a test ride on a GL1800 or F6B you will wonder why you hadn't bought one sooner. It's stealth quiet, reliable, no vibration, powerful, comfortable and great looking.
    Trust me you'll enjoy owning a bike like this.
    Life is too short, eat dessert first.
    Member#18

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently purchased a 2013 Standard F6B and absolutely love it. The low center of gravity reminds me of my old HD Low Rider but the quality, comfort, and handling is so much better. Wife loves the ride so much better than the old ST1300 or the Low Rider. To improve it even more we are upgrading to a Mustang seat. Can’t wait to take her out next week. The power this bike has is amazing. You will not regret the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. Thankstrike lady thanked for this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the forum, always pleased to see another happy F6B/Goldwing owner.
    Member#18

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey gaspumper did you get your F6B yet?
    Report in and let us know how you like it.
    Member#18

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trike lady View Post
    The Goldwing/F6B when taken care of will run for 100,000 miles and beyond. I believe if you take a test ride on a GL1800 or F6B you will wonder why you hadn't bought one sooner. It's stealth quiet, reliable, no vibration, powerful, comfortable and great looking.
    Trust me you'll enjoy owning a bike like this.
    My wife and I just returned yesterday from Wing-Ding 40 in Knoxville on our F6B’s. We rode back straight through to SW FL. Had to stop twice for storms and gas but other than that, it was a great ride. Nothing like a goldwing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Thankstrike lady thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

F6B

I've been riding for 45 years and a few months ago bought my 1st Goldwing, a 2014 F6B. I love it, it is my favourite bike; comfortable, fast, dependable and great looking. Go for it.

13. Thankstrike lady thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Similar situation here, just sold my Indian Scout and am planning pick up/ride home of my '14 F6Bd next week, just working out his payoff and title and I will book the flight to get out there. For me it was also consideration of comfort and criteria. Having spent ten hours in the saddle on my Scout in Sturgis this year, I knew it was not the distance tourer I hoped for, nor did I plan on much highway when I bought it, it's a killer bar hopper, town bike for my size, but highway time is not the best. The F6B was the clear winner as I narrowed down the criteria of what I was looking for, almost went with the Kawasaki Vaquero, but the Honda was clearly the top of the line for luxury and comfort.

Personally I don't care about chrome or twin rumble, I have no one to impress other than myself, and the supple ride with no vibration as well as nimble handling in a big bike, F6b all day.

15. Thankstrike lady thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I came off a dyna and a street glide. If you test ride it you WILL buy it. A whole other superior riding experience. The power feels unlimited and the handling is light and easy. A very impressive bike to drive.

17. Likestrike lady liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My .02 cents. I've owned two Harleys: Road King and Road Glide. There is always another Harley! The bulk of their riders are aging fast and the market is starting to flood with used bikes. The prices haven't come down yet but they will when none of them are selling. In about 6-8 years I'm guessing it will be very difficult to sell them and bargains will be available. In other words, there are so many for sale you can always get another one.

Most of the obvious pros have been said about the F6b. It's fast, very fast...and corners like it's on rails. There is no "STOCK" Harley on the road today that rides and moves like the F6b, sorry but it's true. It can be argued all day long about how the V-Rod puts down some serious rubber. Yup, it can. It also handles like a vintage steel framed motorcycle and has a very tiny gas tank. Great engine thought but it's not an F6b.

Trade that bike in and ride the F6b. I cannot imagine a scenario riding two up, rolling into the corners like a sport bike and blasting out of them just as quick that you'd think to yourself...man I should have kept that dinky little Dyna.

All that being said, I do like Harleys for what they are and they are an American Icon. So far, their re-sale value is still strong which is a huge advantage over the Honda.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a Harley-Davidson service manager 71 years old. I just bought my eighteenth bike a 2016 F6B. The Harley just for a couple of hours my hands are numb my Ducati same thing my hands are numb. This bike has absolutely been a real joy to ride. I traded in a beautiful Heritage on it with every upgrade known to man. The smoothness in the powers incredible but what I really like about it, as a service manager I'm moving in and out 70 bikes everyday at low speed and for some reason the F6B is just easy to roll much easier than the 50 lb less Harley. I don't know if it's the lower center of gravity or what but absolutely this is going to be one of my top bikes that I've ever owned. Only have 50 miles on it and I had to get up this morning and go peek in the garage and look at it. That's when you know you bought the right bike

20. Likestrike lady liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that enough twist

Post Thanks / Like

I this we all are waiting to hear what you got...

I have only been riding for about 12 years and I am on my sixth bike. In the middle of the pack was a 2013 Honda Valkerye. I had that bike all of 8 months before I traded it in on a 2012 HD Road Glide. The reason for this is that I was going on a Cali trip from Kansas City and I wanted a bike with cruise. And the only reason I did not get an F6B at the time was because they did not have it. I loved that Valkerye but it was not designed to be a long distance runner. Now the HD did me well, I had no issues other than a broken seat. Which caused other issues. But not a big deal. I sold the HD earlier this year because on a trip to Colorado with my son, he started crying because the heat was so bad on his legs. That is my riding buddy and I could not have that. So enter 2016 F6B. I picked it up new for just 2 grand more than what I sold my HD for. I have had it 3 mos with 1700 miles and on my way to Sikeston, MO next week on our first big trip.

I will miss my HD BUT this F6B makes it easy to tolerate .

23. Likestrike lady liked this post