LED headlights and LED flasher install on my 2015 F6B Deluxe comments /opinions?

Thread: LED headlights and LED flasher install on my 2015 F6B Deluxe comments /opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

LED headlights and LED flasher install on my 2015 F6B Deluxe comments /opinions?

Hi I just purchased Hi and Low beam Pathfinder LED headlights and an LED flasher unit with all the LEDs to replace my bulbs. I was wondering if I should attempt the install myself or I should either get help or have them installed. It seems like from reading about the procedure it involves alot of disassembly of the front end to do either of these, and some wiring and patience . I was hoping for some comments about how hard it is to do. I have tools but no motorcycle mechanic skills.There are YouTube videos ....but just wondering if it is a project within the reach of a new owner with no experience.. To contrast this I got a quote to install the new Tritium fog lights with running and turn signals from a dealer at $319 plus 2 hours labor. I know it will take me probably half a day to do this if I don`t have any problems.And I have large hands as has been mentioned before. So if you have done any of these before please let me know if you think it is something to attempt or bite the bullet and pay to have done. There dosen`t seem to be alot of places to bring my F6B around here except a couple of dealers within 10-15 miles here in central CT. Regards Thomas

2. Thankstrike lady thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have U with us.
    May I suggest a factory service manual to show you how to disassemble the lighting. If you can get your hand inside the fairing by reaching up through the bottom you can remove the low beams. If you can locate a Goldwing Chapter in your area a member could help you. www.gwrra.org
    Last edited by trike lady; 12-01-2018 at 03:17 AM.
    Life is too short, eat dessert first.
    Member#18

5. ThanksFishman57 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your comments. I did find a manual online for about $100 . I was thinking I probably wouldn`t get alot of use from it, but I`m sure I will be looking up something eventually. Its great to get the new bike. You automatically start thinking about how many things you want to add to it!. I`ll probably try to add my accessories over the winter here in CT. I`ll probably start with the LED flasher first. Why they had to bury it I can`t figure out. The closest GW groups are not that close, but I`ll look into it. There don`t even seem to be any owners within 25-50 miles that I could find. I a little hesitant to start popping off the plastic. I did get some removal tools. I`m going to join all the Honda groups I can find and read everything . That will take awhile.

7. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I just bought my bagger and I'm going through the same thing already ordered the manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, did you ever complete this installation?

If so, please chime in and let us know how it went, what you learned and show us some pictures.