Prospect

Thread: Prospect

Post Thanks / Like

Prospect

Hello all. Last week I got my endorsement! Pretty excited as I have been all over the web doing research as to what will be my first bike.

Took my class through the HD dealer and learned on a Street 500, what a piece of junk, at least that is my opinion which admittedly is not worth anything as it is the only bike I have ever been on.

So, here is how I ended up on the forum. Was scouring Craigslist and Cycle Trader and kept calling my wife saying "how about this one"? Well, she finally says, I'm not comfortable with you buying a used bike. So I solemnly say well I guess while giggling like a school girl in my head.

I am 50 years old but need a big bike as I'm 6' 3" & 350 lbs, yeah I know, lose weight, right? So after scouring the web, I was stunned to find such old model year leftovers. I love leftovers, always buy my vehicles that way. Bought my current ride 2016 Ram Laramie Longhorn at the end of 2017 marked down nicely.

At first, I was leaning toward a 2014 GL1800 Valkyrie as they have a bunch of new ones around listed at $9k HALF PRICE !!!!!!!!!!

BUT, that F6B just looks so much better, at least to me, there are quite a few new 2016's around also. Dealer closest to me has a few listed at $13,900. If I bought a Valkyrie, the Corbin bags are $2100, plus I'll probably add a windshield and still not have cruise control...

So, any words of wisdom before heading out to see the bike? I plan on visiting the dealer tomorrow. I've bought plenty of new vehicles, just never a bike, I'm assuming I'm in for the same high pressure, "what can we do to have you purchase this bike today kind of thing".

BTW, the same dealer also has a new 2018 Vulcan Vaquero 1700 bagger V-twin listed for $12,800 which has traction control and ABS while being two years newer...

Whatever I end up purchasing, you F6B riders have a beautiful bike.

2. Thankstrike lady thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have U with us.
    You should be able to handle the F6B with ease.
    On the Honda site they have deals for the 2016, https://powersports.honda.com/offers.../gl1800bg.aspx
    Life is too short, eat dessert first.
    Member#18

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to forum.. I personally prefer the look of the F6B over the Vaquero . The F6B its an awesome ride, smooth , comfortable and Honda is reliable! I have seen a few F6B on sale on FB and are reasonable priced. I would suggest to test ride both to help you make up your mind. GL with shopping. Ride safe bro.

6. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Honda’s and my f6b is sweet! Ive built Honda cb750 cafe racers and owned two Hayabusas. This bike has gobbs of power and I spent $100ish to get Traxxion fork springs. That’s the best investment you can make. Now mine rides great and has cruise with heated grips and a center stand. The Valkyrie is nice but my buddy owns one and wishes he had some of my features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk