cruise control install..

Thread: cruise control install..

Post Thanks / Like

cruise control install..

I was looking into the cruise control made by MC CRUISE and wanted to know if anyone out there done a install of one of these , and if so what they think of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not done the install but have done some extensive research on the subject. Here are my conclusions:

The McCruise gets great reviews and just about everyone has reported that it works just like a factory electronic cruise control. If I bought the kit I'm confident I could do the installation myself.

The install is not for a novice. Whoever does the install should be familiar with removing the body panels, have prior experience working on motorcycles, be good at following directions, troubleshooting and electrical wiring...access to a wiring schematic might be handy as well.

From what I have read, the instructions are very well written and if you can follow directions and not skip around it is do-able. I'm confident in my abilities when it comes to mechanical things and I think I could do it. If you lack experience working on motorcycles then you should hire it out.

I still can't understand why no one has just bought the parts from Honda and installed these on an older bike? These bikes aren't all that different I wouldn't think unless there is some special mechanical linkage or ECU issues of compatibility??

Post Thanks / Like

mc Cruise

I purchased McCruise for my F6B '13. Had the Honda dealership do install. I have mechanical ability but decided against doing install myself, just a personal preference. As to the function and reliability, no complaints! I've had it for 2 years and it has always performed perfectly. As to retrofitting a honda cruise, I was told that it was incompatible without major overhaul...? Don't know for sure, it's just what I was told. Good Luck