Lurking!

Thread: Lurking!

Post Thanks / Like

Lurking!

Without my will I have to look at new sets of wheels after my Vstrom 1000 was stolen!
    I have my short list but the boss has put in her words in and really likes the look of the F6B and the fact that one of my good friend has one one in Texas and has completed a few Iron Butt rides on it, kind of makes it hard to say no!
    I guess I'll be watching out for a 2016 left over! On that, why is there so many 2016 left over?

2. Thankstrike lady thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and , glad to have U with us.
    There's a lot of good deals out there on 2016, because a rumor got circulated that the 2017 would have a bigger engine and so they have a lot of 2016s up for grabs.
    Life is too short, eat dessert first.
    Member#18

5. ThanksReebavic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why?

Well, there are a lot of reasons. One being that there is no trunk. Options that most wanted like Cruise, center stand, heated grips and self-canceling turn signals were only available on the premium deluxe model. By the time you walked into a dealership and price it out, it's within striking distance of a full dressed out Wing. Also, a lot of people drawn to the Goldwing in the first place either need all the extras because they tour across the continent or they have a significant other that needs the extra comfort and space. So the F6b for a Goldwing buyer wasn't exactly practical. I know several Goldwing guys who really like the F6b but it doesn't meet their needs even though they would rather have one vs their full Goldwing.

The f6b in my mind was targeted at a specific audience. People like me for instance. Younger people who like the look and style so popular with the current bagger craze don't want a fully dressed out bike. People that really want the quality, ride and handling the Goldwing provides but just cannot bring themselves to get one. It's just too much motorcycle for a solo guy. It also appeals to the around the town kind of rider and those who only take an overnight weekender type of trip and don't need a fully capable Goldwing. I really don't think Honda thought people would buy these and tour the country on it. Honda probably figured if they got a few younger people to cross over to the Honda side with a Goldwing bagger, the riders would see what they've been missing all these years. Then, eventually get another Goldwing or become loyal to Honda. I certainly appreciate the value these bikes bring. For the money there really isn't any other bike in the middle price range on the used market that competes with the F6b. It really stands out in the crowd. People are so used to seeing Harleys that no one cared to even look twice at my Road Glide. My F6b on the other hand, people ask questions and like to look at it. They don't really understand what it is. It says Goldwing but has such a unique, low slung stance.

I'm in my 40's, I love baggers but also appreciate the Goldwing. I've owned a Yamaha FZ sport bike, Suzuki GS850L, 2 Valkyries, GL1000, GL1500 Goldwing, then moved on to Harley with a Road King and my last was a Road Glide. I've ridden the GL1800 a few times and was always amazed at the bikes handling and power. It really was fun to ride. I knew of the F6b but never really saw many around. I knew that I definitely wasn't going back to a full wing, at least not yet. I ride solo, the majority of the time around town or the country roads and only take one or two longer rides in a season. I just don't need a big Wing nor did I want to have one. Then I found a black F6b at a dealership in Strugis. It was so cool, I loved how it looked in person and it fits me really well. It gave me the look I wanted with the performance I desired. When I got back home I bought my F6b from a dealership in my home state to give back a little. Since then, I've been enamored with this bike and am so happy I bought it. I think it looks every bit as cool and sinister as my two Harleys did. It provides me the reliability, affordability and the performance that I really haven't found in any other bike (except BMW- $$$$$).

7. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Stoich, you said exactly what I was thinking. I've owned a Gold Wing in the past (back when my wife liked to ride, but regretfully she grew up, and I didn't) and loved it, however, when you ride a Gold Wing expect to be taken for a tourist wherever you stop. As you mentioned, the F6B gives you the ride and the power, but also the great looks. And my guess is that another reason why Honda backed away from them was that there is more profit in selling a Gold Wing and the F6B was stealing part of those buyers.