Question for former Valkyrie riders

Thread: Question for former Valkyrie riders

Post Thanks / Like

Question for former Valkyrie riders

A number of years ago I went from being a long time Harley rider to a 2000 Valk standard. I don't know if it was the change from the Electra Glide that made it seem so but the Valk always seemed top heavy to me especially with a passenger. I see on the F6B the gas tank is under the seat instead of the usual gas tank position like the Valk had. Does the underseat tank make an obvious difference in the CG?

Thanks, Russ

Forgot to mention in 2011 I traded the Valk in on a new Kawasaki KLR 650.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    A number of years ago I went from being a long time Harley rider to a 2000 Valk standard. I don't know if it was the change from the Electra Glide that made it seem so but the Valk always seemed top heavy to me especially with a passenger. I see on the F6B the gas tank is under the seat instead of the usual gas tank position like the Valk had. Does the underseat tank make an obvious difference in the CG?
    F6B is not top heavy at all, because of the underseat tank, and I believe it also sits lower than the Valk. The rear suspension/SSSW is also superior to the Valk. I can lean it way over in the curves and it's always rock solid. YMMV, but not by much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    F6B is not top heavy at all, because of the underseat tank, and I believe it also sits lower than the Valk. The rear suspension/SSSW is also superior to the Valk. I can lean it way over in the curves and it's always rock solid. YMMV, but not by much!
    I had a 2001 Valkyrie Interstate fully loaded and she definitely rode differently than how the F6B rides. The Valk was not so nimble in the twisties where as the Bagger loves the curves and chews right through them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    I had a 2001 Valkyrie Interstate fully loaded and she definitely rode differently than how the F6B rides. The Valk was not so nimble in the twisties where as the Bagger loves the curves and chews right through them.
    I rode a 98 Valk for five years and got tired of paying attention when pulling into a parking lot. Too top heavy for me at that point. I now have been riding a 13 F6b for this season. 7,300 miles so far and I love it. I get the Flat Six with low center of gravity. I compare it to riding a magic carpet. I liked the Valk, but the F6b requires no more paying attention in the parking lot. Slow speed with ease.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have my 2000 Valkyrie along with my F6B. The B is definitely a better handling bike. However , I don't find the Valk to be top heavy when compared to an Electraglide with its V-twin engine and cylinders sticking up so high. I find my Valk handles very well in the twisties. Again, it's all subjective, and comparatively , the F6B is a sports car vs a truck with the Valkyrie.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a Valkyrie

I have a 98 Valkyrie Standard in addition to the F6B, and can't agree that the Valk is like a truck. Yes, the F6B does handle better, but I can't feel any difference in torque between the two, and I'm not sure that the F6B would out accelerate the Valk. I enjoy both bikes very much and while they are certainly different animals, I consider the Valkyrie more like the Mercedes E350 Sedan, and the F6B more like a Porsche Boxter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say it takes about 40 to 50 lb to lift up a Harley-Davidson to the upright position. I'm guessing but I work in a dealership and I ride 40 of them in the morning and in the evening roughly. I would say the F6B takes about 8 pounds or 10 lb. I can tell you that there's nothing out there that turns like an F6B it just dances down the highway and in the turns. The secret is where that Motors located. Down low I mean way down low. The second wonder is the torque. I can pull at any speed in any gear and it almost feels like I have an automatic cuz it just keeps pulling. The secret there is you have full torque at 1200 RPM. At 71 this is number 18 and my best bike so far. Sold my Ducati and Harley to get this one. Can't wait for the winner to Jazz it up.