No reverse on Gl1800 F6B, why ?

Thread: No reverse on Gl1800 F6B, why ?

Post Thanks / Like

Post No reverse on Gl1800 F6B, why ?

Hi everyone !

As the title on the topic says, I´m really curious about the reasons why Honda is withdrawing the electrical reverse on the new GL1800 F6B. I´m also wondering about the reasons to not equipping the with the cruise control. Anyone who´s got a clue ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they just want a cheap bike low $$ for new riders? It dose seat lower and I can just walk it back with out any trouble. heated grips not good. cb not good but its fast and fun on test ride, nice looking....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spacetrucker View Post
    I think they just want a cheap bike low $$ for new riders? It dose seat lower and I can just walk it back with out any trouble. heated grips not good. cb not good but its fast and fun on test ride, nice looking....
    1+ on the missing heated grips.

Though I'm wondering if it's possible to mount the reverse gear from a 2013 Goldwing ?

Read about a guy that had a GL 1500 Valkyrie who just compared the parts fiche of a GL 1500 Goldwing and the Valkyrie and all of a sudden his bike got a reverse.
    The main reason wanting a reverse gear on the F6B is that I'm not very big (5'8, 130 lbs). I see the reverse gear as a security for myself when being heavy loaded, turning around on a thick lawn or backing up from a steep place. I mean, it's always easier to ride forward.

5. Remove Advertisements
    F6Baggers.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew before purchasing my new deluxe that it wouldn't have the above mentioned options, but am loving everything about it! There will be many people who say, why doesn't it have this and that but it is a different bike. If you want all the bells and whistles either keep what you have or buy the "Binford 5000" in my opinion, (The GL1800). The F6B is sleek, sexy, and a head turner! It's also faster and a lot more fun to ride!
    Last edited by BLACKBETTY12; 02-16-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

F6Baggers Founder Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Bro. About the only other thing I really wish they would have kept is the cruise control. After having one for so long I'm going to have to get use to not having one, and I will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I agree Bro. About the only other thing I really wish they would have kept is the cruise control. After having one for so long I'm going to have to get use to not having one, and I will.
    Yeah, If I could choose one option that would be it just to give my hand a rest on long rides. But definitely not a deal breaker!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to say to keep the price down and to have an entry level Wing.
    If you remember the GL1500 Interstate it had no reverse, cruise control and on board air compressor and it was lighter than the Aspencade and SE with everything.
    In my opinion these babies are going to sell.
    Life is too short, eat dessert first.
    Member#18

10. LikesAdministrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused as to the ABS though, I saw a video on YouTube that shows an F6B in a show room an it clearly depicts an ABS plaque on the bike. ABS is a must for me. Anyone knows about this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hrbeta View Post
    I'm confused as to the ABS though, I saw a video on YouTube that shows an F6B in a show room an it clearly depicts an ABS plaque on the bike. ABS is a must for me. Anyone knows about this?
    Maybe BLACKBETTY12 can tell us for sure. I've heard conflicting reports.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another quote from the ride review I just posted.
    You can ride it like a sportsbike, trailing the non-ABS brakes hard into a corner, then grabbing a fist full of throttle on the way out and power shifting into the next gear. You’ll drag plenty of peg in said corner, but doing so doesn’t upset stability whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe BLACKBETTY12 can tell us for sure. I've heard conflicting reports.
    Everything I've read and have been told is the F6B will not have ABS! Maybe it will be an option for 2014. It's not a big deal for me as the brakes are fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rumor has it that the Canadian bikes will have ABS.

Not sure on this one.

Perhaps all he secrets will come out, as the "Bagger" hits the show room floors around the world.

Honda really missed the boat on pre information, prior to introduction on this beauty!

Bulldog

Post Thanks / Like
    It is the Canadian version that comes with ABS, it seems... This the link to the video
    http://youtu.be/hwniWvj_ZSg

Post Thanks / Like
    In The Netherlands Honda will sell one version, the full name is Honda Goldwing F6B C-ABS (Dual Combined-ABS).
    I don't now (yet) if it have a centerstand, heated grips and backrest.
    Sunday I go to the Moto-show in Utrecht and I will ask them.
    Link to the Dutch-site: http://www.honda.nl/motorfietsen/mod..._f6b_c-abs.php

Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty sure that the no reverse and no cruise control have a lot to do with the price point of the new F6B. Each one of those options would add another $1000 or so to the price point--IMO.

I am guessing as the game plays out over the next year or so, that those options will be a part of a newer package, at a higher price.

Also, I believe that $20K was a big deal to meet for the entry level model. JMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't consider this an entry level bike. Those of us that had/have Valkyries were hoping that at some point Honda would put the 1800 motor on the Valkyrie. Instead they decided to put the 1800 on the Rune which as we all know really didn't work either. So...we now have the F6B which is much closer to putting the 1800 on a Valk than the Rune was. I really don't want a Barco lounger on 2 wheels, don't need all the extra stuff. I think my F6B has everything on it I really want. I added a little bit taller shield, passenger back rest, luggage rack and passenger communicator hookup. Now, to my mind, I have a kickass bike.
    Last edited by Barre; 05-20-2013 at 04:22 PM.

20. LikesAdministrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still figuring out what I want and need on this bike. I know I want to build my own billet highway brackets and pegs, GPS mount and a few other items that are more for show than go. All in all I pretty much love it as is.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still figuring out what I want and need on this bike. I know I want to build my own billet highway brackets and pegs, GPS mount and a few other items that are more for show than go. All in all I pretty much love it as is.
    You are correct. It is very hard not to smile when riding a F6B. It is basic but seems to need to be that way. I have not missed my '12 Wing in the least. The F6B is just so much fun to ride. I am approaching 4000 miles since February 26 and love it more each time I ride it.

TXTC 2013 F6B Vin#0539

Post Thanks / Like
    The bike is great for me as is, I put 1400 miles on her in the last 4 days riding all over Arkansas and cannot think of anything else she's needs
    2013 goldwing F6B
    2013 yamaha super tenere
    2013 honda cb500x
    2014 honda grom

Post Thanks / Like
    No reverse on Gl1800 F6B, why ?
    I guess you could say the F6B is "old school" we're just going have to consider gravity when deciding where to park the thing. I've been doing that for years so its not a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    2013 goldwing F6B
    2013 yamaha super tenere
    2013 honda cb500x
    2014 honda grom

Post Thanks / Like

Reverse sure would be great

With limited space in the garage so I can keep the truck and other bike in there, reverse sure would have been nice. If you go to hondaparts you can clearly find the reverse actuator parts for the F6B and they are very cheap (under $200 for everything) just need someone smarter than I, to figure out how to put it together with the control switches. I think a talented person can probably figure it out pretty easy but to date no one with the right talent seems to have put forth any effort. I have a 2016 so the cruise is now on it but it is missing a really cheap option that would have made it an even better bike then it already is.